Welcome to the Community Hive Collaborative Purchase Headquarters
Offering you access to community purchasing opportunities in both honeybees and locally sourced equipment.
The Community Hive Collaborative Purchase (CHCP) is dedicated to sourcing all things beekeeping as locally as possible. The testament of the CHCP is to do our best to abide by a 500mile diet for the product purchasing. Our goal is to source, to the best of our ability, up to 20% of our products for sale through the collaborative purchase by 2013. We want to ensure that money spent on products through the CHCP stays within the community and helps the local economy and diversifying farmers. Therefore, some of the product pricing for items listed may or may not be competitive with foreign made and distributed products from other companies. But, our mandate is to ensure that the products provided offer the greatest quality and value to the community. By becoming a member of the CHCP you will gain access to the benefits of group purchasing power, be able to purchase hand made items for your bees from local artisans, meet other beekeepers within the community, and support local businesses in diversifying and developing a local market for their unique products.
By becoming a member for the 2013 season of the Collaborative Purchase, you will:
- Receive a custom User Name and Password
- Fill out application forms for the 2013 Collaborative Purchase of Honeybees Application(with which there are 125 colonies available for 2013)
- Access the purchasing pages for the Collaborative Equipment Purchase
- You will receive invoices for purchases directly online
- You must take the Community Hive Beekeeping Exam to meet the Honeybee Collaborative Purchase Application Rules.
- Your membership fees will go directly to the payment of overhead costs: website, chat room site, meeting venues, member events and online program resources needed for the development of the project.
Please become a member of thecommunityhive.org chatroom to keep posted on upcoming events and meetings.
Please read the CHCP Mandate and Agreement before registering. Click here to read it